PRIVO-Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program
CCA and B/The Elf on the Shelf (“CCA and B”) is a Member of the PRIVO-Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”). As a participating member in the Program, CCA and B/The Elf on the Shelf adheres to the strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements set forth by the Program. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children's personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO certification seal posted on this page indicates that CCA and B/The Elf on the Shelf has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at 877-919-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at email@example.com.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning anything you do not understand.
- Mobile Applications
- CCA and B does not collect any personal information from children in its mobile applications.
- Some mobile applications utilize alerts, which the User may control via the alert setting within the application. The alerts are not sent remotely by a server.
- Elfontheshelf.com Website
- The Write a Letter to Santa feature on www.elfontheshelf.com collects a parent email address for one time contact with the parent. The email address is not stored or reused at any stage after the initial response.
- Additional Information
- Some of the features on CCA and B’s Services are directed to parents and adults, and CCA and B does not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features.
- Geolocation information is collected by our mobile applications and websites at the city level.
- For more information in our privacy practices related to children, please contact Compliance@elfontheshelf.com.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information: (1) personal information and (2) anonymous information - and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, which we characterize as aggregate information.
We collect the following categories of information;
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first and last name, country of residence, date of birth, email address, and password;
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or application, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information; and usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
Shopify, which processes orders placed on Santa’s Store for adults, may collect User’s name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data from any User placing an order with a payment card.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We will not share your personal information outside of our affiliated companies except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services (but only with specific consent).
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites (Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.)
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like email delivery, package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
Third Party, Affiliated Companies:
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
CCA and B/The Elf on the Shelf 3350 Riverwood Parkway, Ste 300 Atlanta, GA 30339 877-919-4105 EMAIL: Compliance@elfontheshelf.com
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.